Axtra® PRO contains a single-activity protease that helps to unlock the full benefits of dietary protein by boosting its digestibility and increasing the availability of amino acids - even when quality protein is used in feed formulations.
Active throughout the digestive tract, Axtra® PRO has a pH range adapted to monogastric animal physiology and wide substrate specificity; meaning it can cleave peptides at almost any position. This helps to supplement the animal’s endogenous proteases and ensure valuable amino acids are made available for muscle deposition and growth.
- Improved protein digestibility: Increases availability of amino acids for absorption; an action that boosts feed conversion ratio (FCR) and bodyweight gain (BWG).
- Maintains gut health: Reduces levels of undigested protein reaching the hindgut, where it would otherwise act as a substrate for non-beneficial bacteria.
- Improves environmental conditions: Reduces ammonia emissions and increases the welfare of both animals and farm workers.
- Improves sustainability: Reduces reliance on soybean as a source of protein.
- Increases profitability: Overcomes the low digestibility and variability of cheaper feed ingredients.
- Contributes to a favorable nutribiotic state: where nutrition, the microbiome, and the gut and immune function interact to create balance in the gastrointestinal tract.